Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hanging out with the VP

Yeah, that's Dad and the Vice President and me, just hanging out at the Vice President's mansion for the day. Dad said it was some sort of work event, but I'm pretty sure I got my invite for being the top Phillies fan in the DC area.

Here's his house. It's pretty nice, I guess. It's no Fort Awesome.

VP Biden had all sorts of rides and games and water slides in his backyard. Dad says they aren't permenant, but I'd keep them all there always if I was second in charge of the world.

They also had some pretty awesome cooling fans that Mom and I played with.

Not a lot of people know that while the president has the secret service protecting him, the vice president has to carry his own water gun.

It's a big back lawn, by the way.

We all had a ton of fun. I can't wait to get invited back for their Fourth of July party, although I should probably wait and see if any other world leaders invite me to their parties first. I don't want to play favorites.

4 comments:

MomShane said...

Wow! You really get around for a little guy! Glad that you had fun!

Lari said...

What a totally spectacular, amazing day! Your setting the bar pretty high for the 4th, Jon. I wouldn't wanna have to follow an act like this. I'm so happy that you took Mommy and Daddy along with you today. They appear to be having a wonderful time too. (You guys are the AWESOMEST!) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Where the heck have you been the last two weeks, "G-P Doyle". I know you and "G-M Doyle" took off for some long distance on vacation but I've got to tell you that my last two weeks may have been more intence. Just want to let you know some of the excitement---I attended a live Phillies game with the hot team here that I helped the Phillies beat---a picnic held by some big shot down here who put me on a high mark because of the "Phillies uniform" I had on---and above all Mom Shane introducing me to an ice-cold popcicle. The next time you and "G-M", G-P, take off for two weeks you better consider taking me along if you really want to have an exciting two weeks.

J-L

Anonymous said...

Dear Jonathan,
Your first political function! Wow! Glad that you were able to go with Mommy and Daddy. Sounds like such a fun time.

GP and I missed you so much while we were gone on our trip and we can't wait to see you sometime soon.

Lots of love,
Grandmom Linda