Sunday, July 21, 2019

Moon landing on the Mall

Mom wanted to head downtown this weekend to see the special presentation for the Apollo 11 anniversary. I was hoping they'd land a space shuttle by the Capitol, but it was pretty cool even without that. 

We saw a Lego astronaut, which was awesome. I wanted to build one at home, but Dad wouldn't buy me 90,000 more Legos to do it. 

We got a nice seat with a view of the Washington Monument, which was the movie screen for the night. Kinda weird, but they showed a lot on there. 

Emma caught a falling star (OK, it was just a light-up balloon.)

And then the show began. I can't believe how much it looked like a rocket ship taking off. If they can do something that cool, maybe one day we'll put somebody on the moon again.

1 comment:

Grandmom Linda said...

What a wonderful experience Mom and Dad took you to. I’ll bet you learned a lot.
Love you,
Grandmom Doyle