Monday, February 27, 2012

Scenes from a birthday party

Not only did I get to celebrate turning two on Friday, but I got to have a big party on Saturday too! We should do these birthdays more than once a year.

Dad said you get what you pay for with Dollar Store decorations. I didn't get it, but everybody else thought it was a funny joke.

Grandpop Doyle brought me the most awesome pretzel ever, and then said that didn't even count as my present! I hope my penmanship is that good when I start writing with snack foods.

Here I am enjoying my birthday meatballs and mac&cheese, both made from scratch by Mom. She made like a hundred servings for the party, which meant that there was just enough to share with some of the guests too.

Grandpop also brought me a new boat magazine to read, and then said wasn't my birthday present either!!

When it was time to open presents, we had to cram everyone into our tiny family room. To be fair, there would probably be more room if not for all those toys...

Here's Grandmom Linda reading me some of my new books. It's a good thing that I got some new ones, because Dad hid a bunch of my old ones, just because I made him read "The pokey little puppy" 76 times last week.

Aunt Beth and cousin Tommy came to my party too! I asked him to smile for one nice picture with Grandma to post on here, even though usually he likes to fuss when she's near to get extra attention. Smart kid.

Here are my grandpas and Uncle Mike helping me learn how to work my new set of blocks. I'm really good at the deconstruction side, not so much on the construction side.

The party was a blast, but I know a few family and friends couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll get to see you all soon. I'll even let you build some block towers for me to knock down.

3 comments:

Lari said...

Oh Jonathan, what an absolutely spectacular 2nd birthday party!!! Obviously, a good time was had by all. ~and that pretzel treat is totally amazing...what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing all your fab pix. Love you, miss you!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for all of us. Your mommy and daddy sure do love you to have had such a nice party for you. It is amazing to see all that you have learned in the past year.
We love you.
Grandmom Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great
birthday week-end, Jonathan. The
pictures your Dad took and the
captions gave me a lot of joy. Isn't he great doing all that when
still under the weather? And how
about your Mom making 100 meatballs
in between working, etc. You have
really been blessed with very lov-
ing parents as well as lots of
other loving family.
I think your Grandpop Doyle's
friend who had that neat birthday
pretzel made for you could include
that on his menu. Imagine how
much more business he could do.
Maybe you'll meet him someday when
you are in Middletown.

God bless you and everybody else!

Love,
Aunt Pat