Sunday, October 14, 2012

A weekend on the rails

Grandmom and Grandpop invited Ollie and I up to Lancaster for a train-tastic vacation this weekend. I agreed to bring Mom and Dad, once they promised not to elbow in on my time with Pop. 

We saw steam locomotives and diesel locomotives and electric locomotives and passenger cars and box cars and coal cars and big cabooses and small cabooses and oh my gawd there were so many trains!!!

It took me a while to explain all the different kinds to Grandpop, but he's a pretty good listener. 

He even took me for a ride on a real steam train! I wore my Thomas the Tank Engine shirt, so everyone would know I was already a train expert. 

You could see so much stuff from the train, but when I asked to drive, they said I had to be at least 16. That's ridiculous. What am I going to so, make a wrong turn off the tracks?

We got to see all sorts of neat toy trains too in a museum nearby. Grandmom and I liked the ones that went around and around and made train noises. How do people think of these things?

Of course, no trip would be complete without at least one ride on my favorite train, Thomas. I wanted to take him home, but Mom and Dad said there wasn't enough room in our garage to keep him. That's a shame, because he's a really useful engine. 

5 comments:

GrandmomShane said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

God bless your Dad, Jonathan, for
posting all these pictures with
his as always so clever captions.
I'm having a lot of fun just looking at you and Pop and Grandmom
having so much fun. Pop told me
the trip and you and Ollie couldn't
have been more perfect. (not to
mention the rest of the family)
God bless you and God bless all of
them.

Love,
Aunt Pat

GrandmomShane said...

OK, so the captions are cute too.

Anonymous said...

We just had the best time with you and Ollie (and of course the other grown-ups too). You were two angels all weekend. How'd you like sleeping in that crazy caboose? We really did see a lot of trains, didn't we? Thank you for a beautiful, fun weekend. It made Pop (and me!) so very happy.
Love you.
Grandmom Linda

Lari said...

What a spectacular little vacay!!! Looks like all of you had a terrific time. xoxox