Thursday, May 30, 2019

Memorial Day Parade 2019

Dad and I got to march in the Bowie Memorial Day parade last weekend (boy, the cub scouts were super busy this month). I've been to the parade almost every year since I was born, but this was the first time I got to see it from the inside. 

We had a good crowd of scouts for the event, mostly other Webelos in my den. That's great, because we're supposed to be leaders for the younger kids next year, so we'll be able to teach them about civic pride and how to walk in a straight line. 

I wasn't crazy about handing out candy, but I loved holding the pack banner and leading the group. The parade route was about a mile, but it was a pretty easy walk when everyone is clapping and cheering for you. 

Waving and walking is a little tricky, but Dad and I both had it down by the end. It was a ton of fun. We should really have more parades, maybe once a month. 

No comments: