Thursday, October 17, 2019

New York, New York!

It's not every day you get to travel on one of these high-speed trains, but it's not every day you get to travel to New York City for a weekend trip!

Times Square was bigger than I ever imagined. I couldn't even imagine buildings went up that high. 

Emma and I got to see where the big ball drops every New Years Eve, and must have passed by about 90,000 people in just a few minutes. Seriously, this place was so crowded, I don't know how we walked through. 

Dad said he has a few friends who work in this building, but when I asked if we could go inside, he said something about security and "enemies of the state" and we just decided to keep sightseeing. 

The best part was probably our trip to see Aladdin. This was the only time Emma wasn't smiling, and it was only because Dad said she had to take a picture in the theater before the show started.  

But after the show, we got to go around back and meet the stars! Here's Mom and Emma with Jasmine. 
 
And here they are with Aladdin. I wanted to meet the genie, but apparently they put him back in his bottle at the end of the performance. Seriously, though, they had a flying magic carpet and for the life of me I can't figure out how it worked. 

1 comment:

Grandmom Linda said...

And remember, Jonathan, I looked it up and they want to keep it a secret. I’ll bet there are some pretty interesting machines back there making it work. It was pretty amazing.
Love you.
Grandmom Doyle